You cannot print from your printer until and unless you establish a connection of your printer with any other device. But this is not the case with the HP Printer. With the latest advancement in technology, HP Printers have also evolved in many ways. Now, you can print wirelessly from your HP Printer which means that you do not need to connect a wire to connect it from your device. With this function, we can connect and print from anywhere without going through much hassle.
What is a WPS Pin?
This abbreviation stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and is a wireless network security standard. Without it, you will not be able to establish connections between routers and wireless devices such as HP Printers. WPS can be used to connect to a network that uses an encrypted method to connect such as passwords or PIN. On the other hand, there is a WPS button to simplify the connection process between the devices.
Where is the WPS Pin located on my HP Printer?
You need a WPS Pin when you try to connect the printer to a device. While doing this, a prompt appears on the screen asking for you to enter the Pin and you need to locate it at this time. In caseyou are not able to find the WPS pin on HP Printer, then you may either locate it printed on the router or on its bottom. It may also be found at the side of your printer. If you are having trouble to locate it, then you may connect to the capable team of HP Printer Support.
Steps to connect your HP Printer via WPS Pin
There are a few simple steps to connect your HP Printer using the pin and the instructions for these are given below:
(Note: you can apply the same steps for connecting HP printer 8710, HP DeskJet 2600, and HP printer 3830 via WPS Pin.)
- The first thing you have to do is navigate to the “Control Panel” of your printer.
- Press the “Wireless” button and then press the “Settings” button.
- From here, tap on the option that says “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Afterward, follow some on-screen instructions and then go to the next step.
- When you are asked for the Pin, just click on it.
- This will display the WPS Pin on your screen after which you have to access the configuration utility.
- After locating the WPS Pin you have to enter it in the given field.
- Once the setup process gets completed, you can install the network printer driver and start printing wirelessly.
The users who are encountering any kind of difficulty while doing so can take the help of the HP Support Assistant to resolve the issue instantly.