We all know that if you upgrade to the latest Windows 10 then you will face error printing hp such as incompatible issues, updating issues, and many others. The important thing to understand is the devices will not function if you are facing this HP error printing and have issues with graphics, network devices, and may other disk-related issues.
Be it HP Deskjet 2600, HP Officejet pro 8710, or HP envy 4520 there can be certain errors such as “Error Printing” on your Windows 10 operating system. This error might occur when you try to print a document from the Work pad, adobe reader, Word file or any other printable documents whatever it just appears in the queue that says “ Error- Printing”.
Why there was an error when printing started?
As mentioned above the printing process is quite wide so the error can easily occur anywhere within the printing process. However, there are certain issues by which the error printing hp issue occurs. Here are some of the listed reasons:
- Poor connection between the computer and the Printer.
- Due to Printer Spooler services that get choked on data or its terminated.
- The corrupted filed up document or data in the spool printing tray.
- Error in the Printer drivers or the USB port drivers.
- Error once you upgrade Windows 10 from the previous Office versions.
How to deal with HP error printing in Windows 10?
Before we discuss the steps to fix this issue you need to try to reset the HP printer and then turn it off and unplug then plug it on. And then check if the printer works fine or not if you still confused that why do I keep getting an error message when printing and want to fix the error printing hp then follows the instructions given below:
Solution 1: Update the USB driver
- Tap on the “Windows+R” keys and then tap on the “Run” option and type “devmgmt.msc” command followed by a click on “Enter”.
- Enter the Admin password if prompted on-screen and tap on the Arrow key.
- Go to the “Device Manager” and expand the “Universal serial bus controllers” tab.
- Now, search your USB port driver with the name labeled as “chipset/controller”.
- Right-tap on the “USB controller driver” and tap on the “Update driver software” option.
- Now, tap on the next window that appears on-screen and choose “Search automatically for updated drivers” option.
- Make sure you are just connected with the internet to search for the latest HP Printing drivers.
- Wait for the process to complete and then tap on the “Ok” option.
Solution 2: Open the Printer troubleshooter tab
- Go to the Windows search bar and type “troubleshoot” and search for the “Troubleshoot settings” option.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Troubleshoot settings” tab and then open the “Settings” window.
- Tap on the “Printer” and hit the “Run the troubleshooter” button.
- Now, select the printer that needs to be fixed with the error printing hp issue.
- In the end, just check if the printer is still having the error or not.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you insights to fix the HP error printing issue. However, if the HP Printer in Error State still persists then you can either download HP Scan Doctor driver or you can visit the HP Support website where you will get the assistance related to your queries.