Sometimes it becomes impossible to manage the printing task when you see the HP scanner not working but printer is. It is important to understand that your Printer scanner issues are one of the common issues that can create problems. There are certain times the issues take place while scanning from the PC. All you need is to try scanning from the PC once. If this works then you can do the scanning again. However, if you are still stuck with the basic error that says that you are not connected to the internet and you also might see the replugged all the printer connections issue persist on-screen then you need to fix the HP printer will print but not scan issue on your devices. This article is all about providing the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. So, let us get started!
How to fix hp printer scanner not working with windows 10 and mac?
In such a scenario, you have to follow the instructions that are provided in the section:
- On your Mac, open the “Finder” and go to the Applications option.
- Secondly, you have to go to the HP options to choose the model number.
- Now, you have to find out the HP utility option.
- Locate the Scan/Scan to PC option inside the utility.
- Make sure that the Scan to PC setting is enabled.
- Save your done settings and restart both the PC and printer again and try to scan it using the HP printer.
- Go to the HP Print and Scan doctor software option and scan the issue.
Reinstalling the HP device to fix HP Scanning problems and errors
If the steps mentioned in the above section don’t work then it is better to reinstall the printer drivers completely. When the HP printer is printing but not scanning then drivers might be potential issues. Here are the steps to reinstall it:
- First of all, you have to uninstall the old printer drivers that are installed on your device.
- Run the Apple software update and after the driver and the software update, you have to restart the computer and the printer machine.
- Tap on the “System Preferences’ option inside the menu of Apple and choose the “Printers and scanners” option.
- Right-click the blank space that is shown in the “Printer List” and chooses the “Reset printing system” option.
- Finally, you have to tap on the “Reset” button in the confirmation window.
- Fill in the admin username and password, and then select the “OK” button.
- Subsequently, just wait for the printing system to reset. No devices will show in the Printers list.
- Visit FTP hp.com in order to download and install the printer driver.
- Under the “Add printer” window section, remember to add the printer as on the screen.
- Click on the(+) button option.
- Search for the printer name from the printer list.
- Click on the “Add” option to add your printer successfully.
- Select the “Print Using…” option and then tap on the name of your printer.
How to uninstall the existing printer drivers?
If the hp scanner not working but the printer is then one must follow the steps to uninstall the old drivers, there are 2 ways, one with using the HP uninstaller and using the HO easy start driver.
Using HP Uninstaller
- Generally, the HP uninstaller is installed during the initial printer software installation.
- Tap on the “Finder” option in the Dock.
- Click on the “Applications” and go to the HP folder.
- Choose the options and drag the complete HP folder to Trash in the Dock.
- Go to the Folder on the menu bar and type /Library/Printers.
- The next step is to “Go” button.
- This will open the Printer folder.
- Restart your Mac and tap on the Ctrl+Trash icon and empty the Trash.
Using HP Easy Start
- You can download the HP Easy Start for OX and newer versions.
- This software app is used to uninstall your HP software.
- Visit the HP Assistant page and tap on the “Download” option.
- Launch the HP Easy start from the software downloads.
- Click on the “File” and subsequently and select the “Uninstall HP” software from the menu.
- Tap on the “Continue” after reading the warnings.
- When you are prompted, enter the admin username and password.
- The HP uninstaller will itself remove all the existing HP printer software if present.
- Follow the instructions that are given on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this blog has provided enough information to fix the hp scanner not working but printer is error. However, if you are stuck with the HP Printer not printing error then you are recommended to visit the official website HP customer support assistance. On the website, you will get professional assistance from the customer support team round the clock.