When you wish to print a document then you tap on the “Print” button and select your printer but nothing happens, then follow the easy steps put your HP printer from offline to online. In the everyday scenario, whether it is for Mac or Windows 10 operating system you might encounter seeing a message on the screen saying “Printer Offline”. With the easy to follow steps, you can easily fix this issue. Remember, the device or the printer thinks that the printer offline but in actual the printer is on and readily available to print. Point to consider is that this error might be caused by an error that might occur in between your device or the printer.
Sometimes, it might be very simple wherein your cable is not attached properly or there might be a paper-jamming issue. However, for every simple issue, you see the “Offline” message on the screen. The error sometimes depends upon the age of your HP Printer or when you have just have installed the new printing updates. This printer issue to keep your printer from offline to online can include all type of printers with operating systems as Mac and Windows 10 operating system. In this article, you will get to learn the basics to deal with the printer error to convert it to the Online status.
How to turn printer from Offline to Online mode?
Just check both the ends of the USB cable are inserted properly. Remember, the printer is in the proper connection and the ethernet cable is inserted properly. If your printer is wireless then check your internet connection and make sure it is properly connected with the router. If you are connected by the cable then try to use the end of the printer with multiple ports or sockets of the device.
You can try using a different cable in order to be sure that there is no fault with the cable alone. If you are on the network with the wireless device then just check and attach the cable to your computer to make your printer working. Therefore, there can be some fault with the network connection which you are using.
What are the steps to put the HP printer back on “Online”?
In this section, you will find out the complete process to put the HP printer back to Online. Here are the steps are given below:
- Go to the “Settings” option and go to the “Printers” option.
- Just right-click on the printer and choose the option labeled as “Use Printer Online” button.
- Go through the options and see if there are any printing jobs left.
- Doubled tab on the printer you have chosen and then go to the “Printer Menu” option.
- Tap on the option labeled as “Cancel all documents”.
- Remember, if you see a printer jamming issue then it can go offline.
- Try to print again and set the printer back online. Just print a test page to see the error.
- Look out for the printer and switch to the “Printer Off” button and then turn. It back.
- Just check to see the printer jam error persists or not.
- After this, you need to check the network connection and wirelessly connect to check whether all things are working or not.
- In the end, restart the device or your computer system.
In the conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article helps you to learn the basics that are essential for how to switch hp printer from offline to online. However, if you have any queries related to the same topic then we strongly recommend you visit the HP Printer Support webpage. Once you visit the customer support website then you can avail of the customer assistance from the professional experts and technicians.
Related Article – Why is my HP Printer offline?