Are you experiencing the HP Printer not responding issues on your printer? If yes! Then you must know the ways to fix it. On this page, we are going to discuss the quick solutions to fix the printer not working problem. Generally, HP Printer may not respond to your command due to printer offline or any other error issues. The process to fix the printer not responding issue for Windows and Mac are different. There could be several factors after this issue like cartridges or ink issues, printer offline issues, print jobs stuck in the queue, or outdated printer drivers. Let’s move forward to learn the ways to fix the printer not responding issue.
Quick tips to fix HP Printer not working
To fix the HP Printer not working issue, do the following:
- Confirm that your printer is turned on and it is in working mode. If you find that your printer is in sleep mode then press the power button to wake it.
- Ensure that the main tray is loaded with sufficient paper and any piece of paper is not jammed in the printer. If you find that paper is jammed in your machine then you need to remove it immediately.
- Check that the ink or toner cartridges are installed properly on your printer. If not then install the correct ink or toner cartridges in your printer.
- If you find that your printer is displaying any type of error message on its display then you need to fix it immediately.
- Restart your HP Printer to fix any type of common error.
Fix HP Printer not responding to print command
If your printer is not responding to the print command then do the following:
- Check that your Printer is turned on
- All the cables are connected properly
- WiFi network connection is enabled between your router and printer
- Printer drivers are up to date
- Your printer is connected to your computer
- Ink or toner cartridges are installed properly
- Paper is loaded on the main tray
- No paper is jammed in your printer
- Your printer is not showing any type of error message on its display
If the above tips do not help you to fix the HP Printer not responding issue then you need to visit the printer driver settings on your Mac or Windows computer to configure the printers and devices settings.
HP Printer Not Responding For Windows
Try to remove and re-add your HP Printer on your Windows computer. To configure the settings, follow the steps that are given below:
- Turn on your Windows computer or desktop
- Find and click on the ‘Windows’ icon
- Now, you need to look for the ‘Settings’ option on your screen
- Look for the ‘Printers and Devices’ option and click on it
- Then, you need to find your printer and click on the ‘Remove’ button
- Now, find the ‘Add a device’ option and click on it
- Look for the name of your HP Printer and tap on it
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer on Windows device
HP Printer not responding to Mac
In case HP Printer is not responding to Mac then do the following:
- On your Mac, find and click on the ‘Apple’ icon
- Find and click on the ‘System Preferences’ option
- Now, look for the ‘Settings’ menu and click on it
- Search for the ‘Devices’ option and click on it
- Now, you need to find your HP Printer and click on it
- Select the ‘Remove’ option by clicking on it
- Now, find and click on the ‘Add a new device’ option
- Look for your HP Printer and click on it
- Follow the instructions to add your printer
- Take a print test to check whether the issue is fixed or not
To sum up, HP Printers may not respond to print commands that you are giving using your Mac or Windows computer due to an error on it. Whenever you realize that your printer is not responding to your print commands, you need to approach a quick and short solution to fix the issue. The easy and quick solutions to fix the HP Printer not responding issue are mentioned above on this page. In case you are still facing the same issues on your printer then you can visit the HP Printer support page to find a quick solution for your printer. Hopefully, you have learned about the way to fix the printer not responding to issues by referring to this post.