Nowadays, so many people own HP Printer because it offers them so many features and functionalities that are not there in the printers manufactured by other brands. If you are one of the HP Printer users, then you might have come across the error message saying “HP Printer offline”. But a user should not get annoyed by this error message as it can be eradicated easily.
Before trying to fix the problem, first of all, you should try to understand the cause behind it. This usually occurs when there is a communication problem between the printer and the computer. This becomes the cause that stops you from completing the printing tasks. You may also check for the paper-jamming issues, issues related to the installation of ink cartridges or low ink. If these things are not at fault, then you may ensure the smooth printing from your HP Printer.
How to get my HP wireless printer back online?
In Windows 10 PC
To bring the HP Printer back online, you can follow the steps listed below in the same manner as they are mentioned:
- Turn on the computer with which you have connected the HP Printer.
- You may not turn the printer on as it is not required.
- After this tap on the “Start” button and from there go to “Devices and Printers”.
- Further, you have to select the icon of the “HP Printer” you prefer to use.
- Locate the “Status” option against which you will see the status as “Offline”.
- Tap on the “Offline” word and this should be followed by tapping on the “Printer” option.
- When you see the option saying “Use Printer Offline”, uncheck the box next to it.
How do I get HP Printer online in a Mac?
Step 1: Ensure that the printer is ready
If you find out that the printer is off or unavailable for establishing a connection, then it means that the printer is offline. To make it ready for receiving the print commands, you need to follow certain steps:
- Upon finding out that the printer is in sleep mode or off then you must turn on the printer.
- If there are no papers in the input tray then you should load it with papers.
- Also, check that the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed in it properly.
- Eradicate all the errors from the printer and ensure that there aren’t any lights blinking on its control panel.
- Further, restart the printer and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Try to print a test page and if it is still showing offline status, go to the next step.
You may also get help from HP Printer Support representatives to fix this problem instantly.
Step 2: Reset the printing system
Resetting the system will clear out any error states. This also helps in the removal of all HP and non-HP printers, queued print jobs, and printer preferences so that you can reset it again.
- Click on the menu of your Mac device.
- After this, tap on the “System Preferences” option and go to the next step.
- Further, you have to click on Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click anywhere on the window that opens.
- Now, tap on the “Reset printing system” option.
- When the confirmation window appears, click on the “Reset” option.
- Provide the Mac admin login details and hit the “OK” button.
- When the reset process completes, add your printer again.
If your printer is still offline, then you may try to troubleshoot the printer connection of the network or USB-connected printers.
Related Article – Why is My HP Printer Offline?