Using HP orbit, connect your devices on the go and share the files seamlessly without doing much hassle. In this tutorial we learn all the basic things about HP Orbit, the method to download it, and that you should use it or not.
What is HP Orbit?
If you are wondering what it is, then we can say that it is a platform that connects your devices such as phones, computers, and tablets with each other. There is an HP Orbit canvas that makes the transfer of files between various platforms possible. You can easily transfer files to your PC and mobile phone without connecting nay wire to it. This becomes possible because of the Wi-Fi connection or LAN that it uses to complete the task.
Do I need a Windows 10 PC to use HP Orbit?
Sometimes, when you wonder what is HP Orbit and do I need it on my device, then you might come across several such questions. You definitely need a Windows 10 PC or laptop to get started with it. Since the HP Orbit app comes pre-installed on Windows 10 computer,you can easily have it on your device. In addition to this, you also need an Android device running on OS 4.1 or higher. If you are using an iOS device, then its Operating System should be running on iOS 9.1 or higher.
Is HP Orbit free?
The answer to this question is an obvious “Yes”. It is a free software application launched by Office Suites & Tools subcategory. It is also a part of the “Business” category of Office. The updated version of the Orbit app is currently available in English. You can easily install this service on iOS as well as Android devices. HP Orbit is no way similar to HP Scan Doctor that helps us in fixing issues, rather it is a file-sharing platform.
HP Orbit download on Android
Use the following steps to download the HP Orbit Android app to your mobile device:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the “Google Play Store”from your Android device.
- Using the search bar, search for the HP Orbit app.
- From the list of“Search results”, select and install “HP Orbit”.
- After it is installed, find this app in the apps list on your Android device.
- In the end, you have to hold down the HP Orbit app to move it to your home screen.
Steps to download HP Orbit on iOS
Use the following steps to download the HP Orbit iOS app to your mobile device:
- First of all, visit the “App Store”of your iOS device.
- In the search bar of “App Store”, search for HP Orbit.
- When the“Search results” display, select and install “HP Orbit”.
- When the app gets installed, find it app in the apps list on your iOS device.
- Tap-open it and start using it for sharing files by connecting it with other devices.
Should I remove HP Orbit from my device?
When a question keeps troubling you about HP Orbit that should I remove it? In his situation, you should first think that it is beneficial to you or not? If yes, then you should not remove it or vice versa. In case you wish to remove it, then navigate to its icon and long press on it until you see the “Uninstall” button. You may also right-click on it if you are using it on your computer. After this, hit the “Uninstall” option and give your confirmation. You may have to drag it to the “Bin” to remove it completely from some of the mobile devices. If you do not want to come across any hurdle while using HP Orbit, then do not forget to take the help of HP Support.