HP Printers have been the choice of people for many years for its high-end printing technology and features. But, with the passage of time, some models of HP Printers tend to work slowly or display error messages. One of the commonly faced issues is HP Printer offline issue which may occur due to various reasons that we will discuss in the upcoming sections. Along with this, we will discuss the solutions to get rid of this error.
Why is my Printer Offline HP- Answered
The main reason behind the occurrence of this issue is the lost connection between the printer and the PC. But sometimes, this error may occur due to a problem with the printer driver or software. To get rid of this error, the user should check the USB cable. He should ensure that it is establishing proper connectivity between the printer and the PC. If you cannot detect any problem, then you may consider using a different port. Else, take help expert guidance from HP Printer Support.
Try this fix if your HP Printer keeps going offline
You can get your HP Printer back online manually by following the steps given below:
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ icon from the taskbar of your device.
- After this, navigate to the Control Panel and click on it.
- From the Control Panel, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Now, click on the question mark saying ‘See what’s printing’ present next to it.
- Further, locate your printer and click on it.
- Here, select the “Use Printer Online” button from the drop-down menu and you are done.
- First of all, you need to switch off your printer and then restart it.
- Now, make sure that your device is connected with the printer properly.
- Look at the backlight of the printer and make sure that it is glowing green.
- After this, log in with the account that has access to the printer to manage your printer’s settings.
- If you see any problem in the settings, then you should customize it immediately.
Apart from this, a user should keep the printer’s drivers up-to-date by going to the official website of HP and doing the needful.
Why is my HP Printer always offline in Windows 10?
Sometimes, a problem with the hard drive could be the reason why your printer is showing the offline status. Other than this, if there is a communication problem between your printer and your computer system, then it can also lead printer offline error. To get rid of this, you can change the status of your printer from offline to the online state. Furthermore, you should also keep on checking for available updates for the genuine printer drivers as well as the software of the printer. Besides this, if you still face a similar situation, you may seek expert guidance from HP Support team.
Apply these steps to fix the printer offline issues in Windows 10
- From your Windows 10 device, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- After this, open the Device Manager and go to ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Here, you need to right-click on the Offline Printer option.
- Further, you need to tap on ‘See What’s Printing’ option.
- In the end, un-mark the checkbox present next to the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
Hopefully, these steps have helped you to resolve the HP Printer offline error. If the error persists, then it is time to replace it with the new one.